Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Heart Says Otherwise

Ok, here's a lil background. A friend of mine has had feelings for this person.. for a Long time... and all the other person did was to move on to someone else.. so, it was disappointing and frustrating, but she still has a soft-spot for him.. so yea..PS: i know its lame.. (this is actually the 2nd renewed version, i prefer the older one but i didnt save it... so yea...)

My Heart Says Otherwise…


It didn’t seem much at first,

With my mind set on another,

Then it came,

Like a hurricane,

Swift and strong,

Yet uplifting and hopeful,

Like rain after a drought,

That was how my love for you began.


At first I tried to keep it,

Doubt it,

Hide it inside,

But its nature,

Would not allow it,

It rose and took over my emotions,

And my heart,

Easily became yours

It just seemed,

That every move,

Every word,

Every thought of yours,

They evoked my emotions,

For the first time in my life,

There was something,

Stirring within me,

Something that seemed quite wrong,

But felt so right.


I tried to back away,

Yet our relationship grew stronger,

Even just as friends,

It never seemed to falter,

Because of this,

It hurt so much.


To know you loved another,

Always someone; never I…


I tried to ignore,

I tried to take control of my feelings,

And put them in a cage,

But all in vain,

It resulted in more passion than ever.


I did my best to stay away,

Yet there were times,

Those special moments,

In which you confided in me,

Oh, those moments are engaged in my memories,

The hurt in your eyes,

The frustration beneath the smiles,

The unwritten times when you wept,

And I had the honour of comforting you.


Years have passed,

And though my heart aches and longs,

I know I cannot live within the past,

With all the pretences,

False signs I misinterpreted,

Though you will never understand,

My love for you will remain,

Forever unchanged


As long as you are still here,

Even if you are with another,

Know this;

Even if my lips utter otherwise,

My heart is still with you,

And I am still waiting,

Patient and hopeful,

For you


(Inspired by a friend’s love for someone who chooses to be oblivious)


No comments:

Just Say It Already! 說啦...